Hardware token for Cloudflare two-factor authentication
Cloudflare supports two-factor authentication using standard TOTP protocol. Therefore, Token2 programmable hardware tokens are fully compatible with Cloudflare two-factor authentication system and can be used as an alternative to the mobile authenticator app, or as one of the backup methods.
- A Cloudflare account with a Super Administrator privilege
- A Token2 programmable token
- An Android device with NFC* - this is needed for the enrollment only, subsequent logins will only require the hardware token
- TOKEN2 NFC Burner app*
To enable two-factor authentication for your Cloudflare login:
- Log in to the Cloudflare dashboard.
- Under the My Profile dropdown, click My Profile.
- Click the Authentication tab.
- Scroll down to the Two-Factor Authentication section and click to toggle it to On
- Once 2FA is set to "On", the following page with a QR code will pop up
- Launch the NFC burner app on your Android device and hit the "QR" button
- Point the camera to the QR code shown on the account page. Upon a successful QR scan, the camera window should disappear
- Turn on the token and touch it with your phone (make sure it is overlapped by the NFC antenna) and click "Connect" on the app
- Upon successful connection, click the "Burn seed" button. If NFC link is established and the code is correctly scanned, you should see a status window showing "Burning..." and eventually (in a second or two), "burn seed successful.." message in the log window
- After completing the burning process, turn the token display off and turn it on again
- Enter the code generated by your hardware token to the Cloudflare 2FA popup windows (Field #3, "Enter the code from your authenticator app"), then your account password and click "Next"
- The enrollment is now complete
Subscribe to our mailing list
Want to keep up-to-date with the latest Token2 news, projects and events? Join our mailing list!